6: College of Arts and Sciences

General Information | Academic Information | Departments and Programs | Faculty

Awards and Honors | Simultaneous Counting of Courses and Cross-listed Courses
Competency Requirements | Area Requirements | Major Subject | Minor Subject
Electives | Bachelor of Science | Bachelor of Arts with Honors | Intra University Courses
Courses Taken at Other Institutions | Study Abroad | Transfer Credit | Academic Advising
Incomplete | Credit/No Credit Grades | Final Examinations | Grade Changes | Absence Regulations
Disability Accommodation | Echols Scholars Program | Repeated Courses | Changes in Schedule
Degree Applications | Graduate Opportunities and Fellowships | Independent Study
Special Students | Continuing Education | Course Load | Academic Standing
Leaves of Absence and Withdrawals | Readmission | Appeals from Students in the College

Independent Study

Students who wish to do independent study but not under the auspices of a specific department may enroll in Independent Study (INST) 393, 394. Permission to do independent study must be granted in advance by the Assistant Dean for Special Scholars after he or she receives a written proposal endorsed by a faculty member who has agreed to direct the project.

Continue to: Special Students
Return to: Chapter 6 Index