UREG will be closed Monday, January 20, 2020 in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. We will resume our normal business hours on Tuesday, January 21, 2020.
Military Educational Benefits
Our purpose is to ensure the accuracy, integrity, and security of the academic records of the University.
Our goal is to support active duty service members, veterans, reservists, guardsmen, and dependents in pursuing their academic and professional goals by assisting them in maximizing the use of their educational benefits at the University. We strive to be a military and veteran friendly university.
The Coordinator of Military Educational Benefits for the University of Virginia:
- Serves as a liaison between students and the Department of Veterans’ Affairs, State Approving Agency, and other stakeholders.
- Facilitates the certification of state and federal military educational benefits.
- Provides assistance with understanding the requirements for utilizing educational benefits at the university.
The University of Virginia
- Has signed the "Principles of Excellence"
- Has signed the "8 keys to Veteran Success"
- Accepted the Department of Defense's Memorandum of Understanding
- Participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program in Law, Graduate Business and Graduate Public Policy Schools
Questions? Contact our Coordinator of Military Educational Benefits.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.