The Office of the University Registrar (UREG) is closed for in-person services in accordance with President Ryan's most current guidance, but our team is ready and eager to support you.
The UREG team is available to answer questions and complete requests via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at (434) 924-4122 during our operational hours of
Monday-Friday from 9:00am - 5:00pm (Tuesdays 10:00am - 5:00pm). Please do not hesitate to contact our office. Thank you.
UVA is currently approved to offer courses both in-person and online. Right now, we expect no changes to the monthly housing allowance for the remainder of the spring 2020 semester. We will continue monitoring updates from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and share information as it becomes available.
Military Educational Benefits
Our purpose is to ensure the accuracy, integrity, and security of the academic records of the University.
Our goal is to support active duty service members, veterans, reservists, guardsmen, and dependents in pursuing their academic and professional goals by assisting them in maximizing the use of their educational benefits at the University. We strive to be a military and veteran friendly university.
The Coordinator of Military Educational Benefits for the University of Virginia:
- Serves as a liaison between students and the Department of Veterans’ Affairs, State Approving Agency, and other stakeholders.
- Facilitates the certification of state and federal military educational benefits.
- Provides assistance with understanding the requirements for utilizing educational benefits at the university.
The University of Virginia
- Has signed the "Principles of Excellence"
- Has signed the "8 keys to Veteran Success"
- Accepted the Department of Defense's Memorandum of Understanding
- Participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program in Law, Graduate Business and Graduate Public Policy Schools
Questions? Contact our Coordinator of Military Educational Benefits.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.