Tracking Protocol Status
Assignment of IRB Submission Number:
- When you enter Protocol Builder and click on Create New Protocol, you will be assigned a UVA Study Tracking Number or an IRB Submission Number. You should use this number to communicate with the IRB.
Assignment of IRB Protocol/ Grant Number
- After the protocol is submitted to the IRB and accepted by the IRB, an IRB-HSR number will be assigned to all Protocols or Grants that did not receive a UVA Study Tracking Number. If assigned a UVA Study Tracking Number, this number will remain the same. You should use one of these numbers to communicate with the IRB. The letter G is put in front of any number which is for a grant. Protocols do not have a letter in front of the number. Separate IRB numbers are given for grants and protocols.
Obtaining Information from IRB Online
- You will only be able to view information through IRB Online for protocols on which you are listed as personnel.
- Information may be obtained for studies that are active or closed.
- A large amount of information is available to you regarding your protocols and grants via IRB Online. Some types of information available include
- current protocol and consent form version dates
- due dates for continuation status forms over the next year
- number of subjects you are approved to enroll
- approval dates
- personnel listed with IRB for each of your protocols.
- training status of personnel listed on each of your protocols
- which grants fund which protocols(if grant approved by the IRB-HSR)
- and much more!