Associate Data Sources with Data Sources
Often studies will collect multiple data sources from a participant and link them together. In this section you will demonstrate the relationships between different data sources and provide more information about how that process will work. If you only have one “Data Source,” this tool will not be available. This section is not required; if you have more than one but they are not connected to each other, do not complete this section.
How to complete this section:
- Select “edit associations.”
- On the “Edit Associations” page, your data sources will be listed with all other available data sources below each. Select the check box next to the data source to indicate the association.
- There will be some duplication with this process. For example, if you have two data sources (Data Source 1 and Data Source 2) and you mark that “Data Source 2” under the “Data Source 1” header, you will also want to mark “Data Source 1” under the “Data Source 2” header.
- Once you are done marking the appropriate boxes, select “Continue.” You will you receive a confirmation that the action is complete. Select “return to protocol” to continue editing the protocol.
- An additional text box is now available in the association page: “Describe the process for linking the data.” Select “edit” next to the question to complete this question.
- Once you are done completing the text box, select “Continue.” You will you receive a confirmation that the action is complete. Select “return to protocol” to continue editing the protocol.
Related IRB-SBS Website Sections