Optional - Looking for more control over your video submission?
Do you have your own youtube channel you'd like to post the video on? Do you want to improve your video with advanced youtube features like annotations, end cards, and subtitles? If so, please contact us by email or by using the form below. Taking advandtage of these additional features will require your organization to have their own youtube account and abide by some UVA rules. If this option interests your group, here are some of the pros and cons of submitting your video this way.
- Improve your video with extra youtube features - You can add annotations, end cards, subtitles, links to your group's website and other annimations to improve your video.
- Build your own youtube presense - The video description will display as your own youtube channel so you can direct traffic and interest to your group instead of the video showing as posted by the Vice President for Research at UVA Youtube Channel You can post future videos to the channel you create and grow your own online presence. All views your video gets as a result of this showcase will be attributed to your channel which will increase your channels prominense in search results.
- You will be able to better credit the creators of the video on your channel.
- Extra work - Setting up your own channel will require some additional work on your part.
- Channel must be UVA/Student Organization branded - You can't post your video to your personal youtube channel. We don't want you uploading the showcase video to your personal youtube channel where if people click on the channel they will see your playlists of your favorite cat videos or music. The channel will have to be connected to your reserach and uva only. Take a look at the UVA youtube channel and the Vice President for Research at UVA youtube channel for examples of what is required of UVA branding. It's essentially just a UVA image as your profile image and a UVA or student related picture in your channel art. Most of what we're asking is that you don't have unrelated content cluttering your channel
If you decide that you want to post the vidoe on your own channel please follow these separate instructions.
Optional instructions for uploading to your own channel